What is the Sustainable Construction Programme?

The sustainable construction programme is a student initiative at Oxford Brookes University which aims to raise awareness of sustainable construction as well as providing practical experience in sustainable building. Workshops involve hands-on tuition from sustainable construction experts for a small group of students and these are followed by an evening lecture to a wider audience.

Sunday 24 February 2008

Sustainable Construction - Next Event

This Friday's lecture will be at 5pm!
Challenging concensus: energy, construction and the 'new materials'
Rowland Keable, Rammed Earth Enterprise CIC
www.rammed-earth.info

2 comments:

Clare Nunneley said...

Is anyone interested in building an ecohouse on Brookes land (if we can get permission). Seeing as half of Brookes is currently a building site this could be a possible proposal. The building could be used to hold further sustainable building workshops (good marketing for Brookes), lectures etc. The labour would be free (Brookes volunteers) and all volunteers would get a valuable experience to add to their CV's. I think it would be a good project to do over the summer, when other deadlines are finished. It could perhaps be done over a series of weekends. As Bob from the lime centre showed - with enough people and good organisation it is possible to do this in a short space of time. I know of a few people who would be interested in this already. If we could set up a list and a meetign for interested parties this might be possible..

Let me know what you think...

Jack said...

I think it is very important to me because I have been studying the content in this area, I think we have many common interests, we are constantly Study, a total of enjoyment of information and work together to improve their lives. I think I will always view this article, because it is a part of my life, thank you!
mobile buildings